Thursday 5 November 2009

All we wanna know is where the party at...

Registering as a resident at the Burgerampt was a daunting experience. As previously stated, I felt like an ignorant cunt, "I am English. I would like to live here now... no real reason, it'd just be nice thanks. Speak your language? Oh no... you'll have to speak mine." Well that whole scenario - a complete fucking walk in the park now that I have been into Berghain. The two minute process of walking past security at the door, getting searched inside, to paying my entrance fee were hor-rif-ic. Those three exchanges were like entering into an interrogation zone. I am pretty sure that going trhough security at JFK, screaming "I am a fucking terrorist!" would have been an easier process. Perhaps it was the general tourist hostility, maybe it was the patronising smirks at your failure to understand anything that was being said, but mostly, it was the looks of absolute contempt. I felt so fucking stupid.

Thankfully, it was worth it.

Berghain was amazing. I cannot remember the last time that I danced so hard. Fun, fun, fun FUN! At 10am, when getting a round of beers in for the last standing, I had entered into the realm of total Berghain enthusiast.

No comments:

Post a Comment