Sunday 22 November 2009

Sunday, Sunday here again, a walk in the park.

Sundays are without any shadow of doubt my favourite days now.

Maybe I see it all through my rose-tinted tourist glasses, but everything about Sundays, I just fucking love.

Well, I say everything... I mean how all the shops are shut. That is pretty much the cusp of it.

Today, when I left my flat, I realised that the street was the busiest I had ever seen it. Everyone was walking alongside the river, in the park over the road, or sitting and having a drink outside the cafes and bars that line my street. I like that mentality; this is what Sundays are for... spending time with people, relaxing, enjoying yourself. This obviously stems from a deep rooted resentment I formed when working in retail in London for two years before I came here. Fuck day of rest. God got it all wrong. What he really meant to say was "Consume, consume, consume. Only between the hours of 12 and 6 mind. So get up, go to church and remember how awesome I am and then go to your nearest department store and buy shit that you don't really need."

I'm paraphrasing obviously...

No comments:

Post a Comment